|SLT Coordinator:||Tim Redden|
|Head Boy:||Patrick Morton|
|Head Girl:||Jessica Ryan|
|Deputy Head Boy:||Patrick Padua|
|Deputy Head Girl:||Georgia Pescod|
|Campbell||Alyssa Chrystall||Brendan Jospeh|
|MacKillop||Julian Haddad||Tiisetso Nong|
|Salvado||Charlotte Ennis||Devanathan Navaneethakrishnan|
|Tagney||Erika Manzinger||Trent Anderson|
|Yagan||Amelia Edmonds-Coad||Sifiso Maphosa|
|Visual Arts||Natalie Ferguson|
|Harrison Chowdhurie||Mitchell Wise|
|Avneet Gill||Brendan York|
|Kiara Briggs||Sohayla Sumner|
|Isabelle Catalano||Lily Tyrrell|
|Isabel Cooney||Brody Ryan|
|Amal George||Joey Morton|
|Olivia Grant||Ria Juggesar|
|Akshita Minhas||Jessica Kyle|
|Chloe Almstrom||Shevana Pado|
|Akisha Cheng||Enna Vujanovic|
|Darcy Gibbon||Hudson Wheeler|
|Natasha Hubycki||Logan McIntyre|
|Ashleigh Lloyd||Angeline Elleway|
|Tahirah McGowan||Eboni Freeth|
|Mitchell McLeod||Mitchell Curulli|
|Jasmine Cash||Jon Liew|
|Esmond Clement||Thomas Morton|
|Sebastian Darr||Chloe Van Der Merwe|
|Sofia Angela de Guzman||Gabriel Calderon Pedraza|
|Breanna Larissa Escoto||Cariska Magno|
|Jessica Garratt||Jake Taylor|
|Dechlan Graham||Alphina Padua|
|Trinity Graham||Saffron Woodhall|
|Monique Le Bon|
|Shayden Bettridge||Temika Tompkin|
|Sam Boughton||Laura Vogels|
|Jordan Kelly||Joaquin Refrea|
|Aileen James||Pascal d’Autriche|
|Molly Creswell||Tiana Harrington-Bartley|
Purpose of the Student Leadership Team
The overarching aim of the Student Leadership team is to assist all students to appreciate themselves as stakeholders in the College. To this end, all students are encouraged to actively participate in the life of the College, in particular the activities which directly impact on them as individuals and the morale of the student body.
The Lumen Christi Student Leadership Team exists to:
- Provide for student expression through service to the College.
- Work with staff in seeking positive ways to enhance leadership, initiative and responsibility among the total student body.
- Support the Principal and staff by upholding the Religious, Social and Educational objectives of the College.
Requirements for Membership
Those who wish to apply to join the Student Leadership Team must be able to demonstrate:
- A positive attitude towards the College, including commitment to the College Mission.
- Their support of a range of College activities and events.
- Adherence to College uniform and grooming standards.
- An exemplary record regarding behaviour in class (preparedness for lessons, submission of work on time) and in general (no repeat detentions or infringement of College Policies).
- Satisfactory completion of Community Service requirements.
- A keen sense of responsibility.
- A high level of motivation including a willingness to work with and learn from their peers.
Students are invited to apply to serve as a Student Leader for their House. The combined cohort of House Leaders will make up the College Student Leadership Team.
There is a limit to the overall number of student leaders that can be approved. Inevitably some students may therefore be disappointed. However, opportunities will be available throughout the year for such students to exercise leadership within their House and the general school community. This involvement will prove valuable to students when applying to be a student leader the following year.
Each year student applications are invited for the following:
- Years 8 to 11 to the general pool of House and College Leadership Teams. Successful applicants also have the opportunity to become a member of one of the SLT Committees.
- Students moving into Year 10 who have previous experience on the Finance Team may nominate for the position of Treasurer (see expectations).
- Students moving into Year 11 have the opportunity to nominate to be a Committee Leader or to nominate for the position of Secretary or College Ambassador (see expectations).
- Students moving into Year 12 have the option to nominate for any of the following positions: HouseCaptains, Arts Captains (Music, Band, Dance, Drama, Visual Arts), Head Boy/Girl, and Deputy Head Boy/Girl.
Nominations will be considered against the criteria specified by:
- Heads of House
- Student Leadership Coordinators
Interviews for the membership of the Student Leadership Team will take place as follows:
- Years 8 to 11 via year group interview with College Principal and/or other designated staff.
- Year 11 Students nominating for the role of College Ambassador will be interviewed by the College Principal and the SLT Coordinator.
- Year 12 Students nominating for House and Arts Captains will be interviewed by the Principal and respective Leadership staff.
- Year 12 Students nominating for the positions of Head Boy and Head Girl will be required to speak to the Year 12 cohort, in the presence of the College Principal, SLT Coordinator and other designated staff members.
- Year 11 Students nominating to be a Committee Leader or Secretary - During the Leadership day in October students will have the opportunity to put themselves forward for these positions. The decision will be subject to the vote of the general student leadership cohort.
Current SLT staff members whom students may approach with questions are: Mrs Branson, Ms Boughton, Mrs Gaffney, Ms Kennedy, Mrs Mead, Mrs Murphy, Mr Voakes.
Applications: Applications available from Term 3. Applications for all Student Leadership Team positions are to be submitted online by a date TBC and a signed checklist submitted to Ms Bush, Personal Assistant to the College Principal.
Interviews: To take place in Term 3.
Successful Applicants: Will be notified by the end of Term 3 and will be:
- Formally presented to the student body at an assembly in October.
- Required to attend:
in October in the College Library. The Workshop will include a series of seminars on Leadership and the opportunity to learn more about the roles and responsibilities of Leadership, in general, and in relation to the various Committees.
Student Leaders’ Camp at Point Walter in December. Students will take part in a range of leadership activities and planning for the year ahead.
Student Leaders Planning and Preparation Session in the week prior to the start of the School Year.