Applications for 2023 Music Scholarships are now closed.
Lumen Christi College is committed to the development of Music Excellence. To support this aim, the College is offering all students enrolled at the College from 2024 the opportunity to apply for a full or part Music Scholarship.
In 2024, several full and part time Scholarships will be offered to students in Years 7-12. These Scholarships will initially run for a year and may be extended pending a successful review at the end of the year.
Music Scholarships provide:
• The full Music Scholarship covers the cost of 32 x 30-minute individual instrumental lessons. The part Music Scholarship covers 50% of the cost of 32 x 30-minute individual instrumental lessons. Both scholarships include free instrument hire. All Music Scholarship recipients will be required to participate in the classroom music program and participate in one College ensemble.
• The College may offer successful candidates a scholarship on an instrument which is different to the instrument they are currently learning, based on the needs of the Music Program.
Music Scholarship recipients are required to:
• Make a leading contribution to music at the College
• Maintain a high level of achievement on their chosen instrument
• Enrol in Specialist Music classes for the duration of the Scholarship
• Participate in a College ensemble for the duration of the Scholarship
• Take part in an annual review of progress to ensure satisfactory achievement.
How to apply
Information on how to apply for the 2024 Music Scholarships will be available later in 2023.
Music Scholarship audition candidates are required to:
• Audition on any woodwind, brass or percussion instrument (including piano) of their choice, or voice. A successful candidate on piano or voice may continue to learn piano or voice as their principal instrument, but will also be highly encouraged to learn a second instrument to contribute to instrumental ensembles at the College
• Prepare and perform two contrasting pieces on their principal instrument at a minimum Grade 3 AMEB standard (or equivalent)
• Prepare and perform one piece at a minimum Grade 3 AMEB standard (or equivalent) on a secondary instrument (if applicable)
• Provide their own accompanist for audition pieces requiring accompaniment or make arrangements with the College Music Administrator for the College Accompanist to be provided. Fees will be charged for the College Accompanist at a rate of $15 per 15 minutes. Candidates are also welcome to perform audition pieces with backing tracks where practical
• Undertake an aural test at Grade 3 AMEB level, sight reading at Grade 3 AMEB level and a short informal interview as part of the Music Scholarship audition process