The role of College Psychologist at Lumen Christi College will suit a qualified, committed and caring professional with a genuine desire to support and improve the psychological, emotional, social and learning needs of students. A core aspect of this role will be in creating a culture of positive education and developing the well-being of the entire school community, and will include aspects of counselling, general pastoral care and learning/psychometric assessments. This work will be undertaken with due regard for the ethos of Catholic education and within the guidelines of the Australian Psychological Society Code of Practice.
This is a full-time, on-going position commencing 24/8/2020 (or as soon as possible)
The successful candidate will;
• Have experience and proven performance in a similar or related role within a school environment or other related working environment.
• Have completed and have current Accreditation to Work in a Catholic School.
• Have a vision for student care and strong sense of purpose consistent with the College Mission.
• Have demonstrated effective leadership in sound management and interpersonal skills, and the ability to lead and facilitate change within a collaborative and innovative environment.
• Have a proven ability to work in a collaborative environment as a member of a team.
• Knowledge and experience of contemporary practices in the engagement of student welfare initiatives.
• Have demonstrated the ability to assist in the development of community amongst staff, students and parents.
• Have a proven ability to work in a highly organised manner, including adherence to deadlines and a knowledge of policies and procedures.
• Have demonstrated an ongoing commitment to enhancing student development.
• Have, or be willing to acquire, training in specific student-related programs such as; Gatekeeper Training, Suicide Prevention, Positive Education, Mental Health First Aid etc.
- Submit a cover letter and CV;
- Please download;