Expressions of Interest for 2022 Music Prizes are now closed.
Please note applications for 2022 Music Prizes are now closed.
Instrument trials for 2023 Music Prizes will take place in Term 4, 2022.
Lumen Christi College is proud to offer a number of Music Prizes to Year 7 and Year 8 students enrolled at the College in 2022. Each Music Prize provides recipients with the opportunity to take part in the rich musical experiences at the College by learning a new instrument. Candidates are given the opportunity to begin their music education journey by applying for a Music Prize, which entitles each recipient to 50% off the cost of 32 x 40 minute paired instrumental lessons and free instrument hire for the period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension in 2023. No prior music experience is required.
Please click on this link to register your interest and find out more about this exciting opportunity.
The College offers Music Prizes to:
• Year 7 2022 studentsMusic Prizes are awarded based on a successful Music Instrument Trial conducted by our experienced instrumental music tutors. The instruments offered in the 2022 Music Prizes are determined by the College each year and provide students with the opportunity to learn a new instrument with no prior music experience required.
• Year 8 2022 students
Each Music Prize provides the recipient:
• 50 per cent off the cost of music tuition for one year, which entitles the recipient to 32 x 40-minute paired instrument lessons
• Free instrument hire on one instrument for the duration of the Music Prize
Music Prize recipients are required to:
• Make a positive contribution to music at the College
• Maintain a satisfactory level of achievement on their chosen instrument
• Enrol in Specialist or General Music classes for the duration of the Music Prize
• Participate in at least one College ensemble for the duration of the Music Prize
• Take part in a half-yearly review of progress to ensure satisfactory achievement is taking place
How to apply:
• Candidates must click on this link to register their interest in applying for a Music Prize by no later than Friday 29 October 2021 to be provided with further enrolment information regarding the Instrument Trial Process.